Invitation Tech Support
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What's the deal here?
It's an interactive slidey deal -- pull down on the protuding tab and a second set of pictures will be revealed in the little windows. To reset, push the tab back up until the original pictures are centered in their respective windows.
Did you guys make these yourselves?
Yes. Yes, we did.
Did you design it yourself?
Yes and no. The idea came from a similar design in Ready-Made magazine, but we modified it quite a bit. Nicky Trinh also helped a great deal with the technical aspects of making it all work.
Mine's broke!Oh dear,oh dear... They're not exactly fragile, but not totally robust either. Here are some probable problems and possible solutions:
- The slider won't slide. This could be because it's stuck to the glue in the binding, but we were careful not to mail any that were totall glued in the binding so it should be repairable. Gently hold the slider by the paper itself (as opposed to the protuding tab) and jiggle it to the right. Once it reaches the right edge of the card it should slide freely.
- The inside flap came unglued. I hate to admit it, but we kinda expect that a good many of you will experience this problem. Well, do you a have a glue stick handy? How about some Elmers? Just put a little adhesive along the inner edge. The tricky part is to make sure no glue seeps over to the slider because then the slider won't slide (see above).
- I don't have an RSVP card. Whoopsy. e-mail us and we'll take your RSVP that way. Sorry about that.
- I received a crumpled up empty envelope with no card inside. Ugh. I hope that doesn't happen to anyone, but since we had to make the envelopes, too, it wouldn't surprise me if some of them failed. Please let us know and we will send another.
- I can't read that tiny writing on the directions page. Sorry about that. Visit the directions page for help.